JK Consulting – Lockport, IL
Founded in 2002, JK Consulting primarily focuses on help desk support and Managed Services for SMB all the way up Enterprise customers. The Lockport office supports consumers with “walk-in” service requests and help desk support for its commercial clients. Consumers bring in computers to be repaired and updated. Consists of backing up and reinstalling Windows and all applications, troubleshooting hardware issues and virus removal. Applicant should be comfortable dealing with customers on a one-on-one basis.
- HelpDesk is open Mon-Fri 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Rotating schedule on call after hours, 40-50 hrs/week
You will be responsible for the following:
- Taking calls and creating tickets.
- Troubleshooting all aspects of the computer.
- Diagnosing software issues at the OS level.
- Installing software per customer needs. IE. Quickbooks, Autocad, Photoshop and other non-standard programs
- Creating users in Active directory and Office 365.
- Creating folder shares with Security groups.
- Troubleshooting share and NTFS permissions.
- Creating and managing GPOs
- Managing Print Servers.
- Complex network troubleshooting.
- Prioritizing tasks efficiently.
- Providing good Communication to the customer about the status of their ticket.
- Providing completed documentation.
- Problem solving issues that are unfamiliar.
Additional skills needed:
- Desktop and Laptop Operating Systems
- Windows XP, 7, 8 and 10
- Some Linux
- Microsoft Office 2003-2019
- File sharing and user permissions
- Adobe Acrobat
- Norton, McAfee, AVG, Malware Bytes, ADW Cleaner, HitManPro
- Hardware Experience
- MAC/Apple/iPad and iPhone
- Replace laptop screens
- Experience with Help Desk Software Preferred
- SolarWinds N-Central, MSP Manager
- Ticketing Systems
- IT Document Management Platforms
- Full health insurance
- 401K after the 2nd year
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lockport, IL 60441: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Help desk: 5 years (Preferred)
- Computer skills: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location