JK Consulting – Lockport, IL
JK Consulting is a leading Chicago-based Managed Services Provider who services a wide-range of businesses from the SMB all the way to Enterprise. We have an opportunity for an energetic and customer friendly Level 2 Onsite Technician to join our team. We are looking for a well-rounded technician that has the right skill set and right attitude.
- Standard work week will be 40 – 50 hours per week.
- Some after hours and weekend work per customer requirements.
- 75% Local Travel.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have Illinois Driver’s License
- Must be able to drive and provide own transportation.
- Candidate will work as an Onsite Technician/Project Team member per customer requirements.
- Provide excellent customer service and demonstrate the ability to diffuse potentially stressful situations.
- Maintain open lines of communication with team and customer.
- Work with colleagues to execute projects on-time.
- Advise customers on recommended solutions / products to an issue.
- Server as main technical contact on projects for end customer.
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time.
- Ensure all work is logged for entire workday.
- Configuring, Deployment, and Troubleshooting Windows Operating Systems.
- Configuring, Deployment, and Troubleshooting Windows Server 2012, 2016, and 2019 Standard.
- Configuring, Installing and Troubleshooting Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, NPS, Hyper-V and other Server Roles and Features.
- Configuring and Managing File Shares, NTFS file permissions, security groups, and users.
- Configure and manage the Microsoft 365 / Microsoft Azure Environment
- Configure, Installing and Troubleshooting Microsoft Office products.
- Configure, Install, Maintain and Troubleshoot company networks and associated hardware.
- Low-Voltage Cabling, with basic understanding of cable and wire management
- Hardware Support for all types of on-premises equipment (Servers, Firewalls, Routers, Switches, etc.)
- SQL Server Configuration, Installation and Management\Maintenance.
- Vendor Hardware Support: Dell, HP, Aruba, Cisco, SonicWall, Ubiquiti.
- SolarWinds N-Central(N-Able), Autotask, IT Glue, and Roar.
This Company Describes its Culture As:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- IT Support: 3 years (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- 50% (Required)
Work Location: On the road